Saturday, May 7, 2016

Awareness on YouTube!

I posted a video on the Buckeye Service Dog page on facebook earlier this week, and while I thought that group was private, it appears that it's actually public. So many of you have already seen this, but if not, here it is!

Check out Living with Leni and Mastocytosis* on youtube!


A journalism student at Kent State had a video project for one of her classes and thought service dogs would be an interesting topic. She had emailed Christy (the owner of Buckeye Service Dogs) and asked if she knew any service dog teams in the Kent area who would be interested/willing in being interviewed for her project. Christi had emailed me, and we did the interview and filming a little over a week ago.

*A couple of technical errors for full disclosure:
  • I have mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), not mastocytosis. Both are forms of mast cell disease, but are physiologically different.
  • Also, I was diagnosed with MCAS a year and a half ago, not 10 years, but I HAVE had symptoms for almost 10 years.
Despite the minor errors, it's still great awareness for mast cell disease, service dogs, and how Leni really makes a difference for me! Feel free to share and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment