Thursday, January 22, 2015

Rejoice!

How many doctors does it take to screw in a light bulb? Or just diagnosis a patient with unusual medical conditions...In my case it happens to be:

2 primary care doctors
3 pulmonologists
2 cardiologists
5 gastroenterologists
2 neurologists
1 nephrologist
2 endocrinologists
1 hematologist
3 chiropractors
1 acupuncturist
4 dieticians

22 doctors spread over 5 states...and that doesn't include the numerous doctors, residents, and nurses I've seen in various ER visits and hospital stays or the ones I've forgotten about...so 22+ doctors...in 7-8 years...and the number of appointments I've been to is probably somewhere in the 6000 range...okay, maybe not that high...but maybe it is...I stopped keeping track after 1457...haha, just kidding!

But all joking aside, WE HAVE A DIAGNOSIS!!!!! Oops, sorry for yelling...just kidding, SORRY NOT SORRY!!!!! I am sooooo thankful to be able to write this post!!! =) =) =) =)

I'm sure you're all waiting just as eagerly as I was and about to fall out of your seats in anticipation...so here's what's going on...I have Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (aka MCAS). I will dedicate a specific post later about the details of this condition, but I have been waiting to write this blog FOREVER (okay not really but you get the idea), so I didn't want to wait.

What could be a SUPER long post made VERY short...I am so thankful! We finally have some answers and a diagnosis that will hopefully make managing my health much easier now that we know what I am up against. Thank you so much for your continued prayers on this journey, but please don't stop now! While this does feel a bit like turning the page on one chapter of my life, we are also beginning a new and very long season. There is no cure for MCAS, so I will be beginning/continuing on treatments designed to control my mast cells and hopefully reduce my reactions. Initially it will be a bit of trial and error as we attempt to figure out what the best course of treatment will be for me. So the waiting is not yet finished...but I am so thankful to be moving into a new season that will hopefully be much brighter than the last one.

"Weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning!" Psalm 30:5

Thank you for rejoicing with us!

1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord!!!! I am rejoicing with you, Kylene! We will keep praying for the right treatment and for healing. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete