Monday, April 15, 2013

Avocado Chicken Salad

So I'm not much of a cook. I LOVE my crock pot, but actually using the oven...not really my thing. But I found a cool recipe for chicken salad made with avocado instead of mayo and though I might have to try it. I never really like chicken salad because I'm not a fan of mayo, and I AM a huge fan of guacamole, so I though this recipe might be really good. Since my parents recently sent me a Magic Bullet, I figured this recipe would be a good one to break in my new blender!

It came out really good! I was a huge fan and will definitely make it again, even though I don't really like cooking =) I'm actually thinking about making the same recipe but trying tuna instead of chicken because that cuts out the baking time (can you see I'm not a fan of cooking...).


Avocado Chicken Salad

2 chicken breasts
1/2 avocado
2(ish) tbsp chopped scallions
1/2 lemon - juiced
salt/pepper to taste

1) Bake chicken breasts in the oven at 350 until cooked through.
2) Chop into small pieces and add to the Magic Bullet.
3) Add the 1/2 avocado and scallions to the blender on top of the chicken
4) Squeeze half a lemon over the ingredients in the blender
5) Blend until them mixture is the desired consistency
6) Salt and pepper to taste
7) Can serve warm or refrigerate for a few hours and serve cold

Like I said, it was really good! I will probably make it again, and am definitely considering trying it with tuna. Adding chopped celery and/or carrots or some nuts could be a nice addition for a bit of crunch.



No comments:

Post a Comment